Thursday, September 29, 2011

Service Pictures

Since we had Emily in January and got that call in March that we need to handle services we didn't tell a lot of people about it. We didn't want a full blown funeral but we decided to just dedicate the grave and then have a few people over to the house for lunch. My parents flew in my Gma's sister DeAnna was already here a couple of friends and some of Blaine's family. That was about it and I think that was enough.
Our friend Paula worked at Meldrum's Mortuary so when everything happened Blaine called her and she handled everything. By the next morning she let us know that they had gotten to the hospital to pick her up and that she was here in Mesa. We had gone and picked out her little casket as well has her headstone. After we finished with Paula we went to the cemetery to pick out her plot. They had a couple different infant sections and right away Blaine and I both picked the newer part because it was on sprinklers instead of irrigation. Not that it matters but to us at the time it did. Linda does a lot for Newborns in need. Newborns did give me a bereavement package but Linda wasn't happy with what they gave me. I picked out a dress and fabric and Linda made it. I knew that my baby wouldn't be without a bow so I made one. We asked Paula about seeing her and everyone there said no. Because of the time laps from the time she was born to the time we  buried her it would of not been a good thing for us to see her. I gave Paula the things that we made for her and she took care of it.
I am so glad that my friend Jen was there to help with Ryan. I didn't have to worry about him because she walked around with him. It took a huge amount of stress off of me. My parents that flew in are also in this picture. There is no way I could of handled this day without my dad being there. He has always been my rock. He knew what I was feeling that day since he to has buried a child.
My parents, my Gpa, DeAnna, Gma and my Grant parents
I didn't get pictures this day I am pretty sure my brother in law took these but at least I have something from that day.
Blaine and Paula talking before everything started.
Blaine dedicated the grave and did such a great job and we both for the most part held it together so I was proud of us for that.
My Grant family got the pink flowers for the top of the casket. Just like I did for my brother I had to have red roses so Blaine and I got the red rose basket as well.
Ryan didn't have a clue about anything going on. He thought that all the little toys and things on other kids graves where all pretty cool.
After we all headed back to the house and had some lunch
Ryan decided he wanted to take a picture so this is I think the only picture of Blaine and I that day. Well i guess Cris is here to.
Once again thank you to everyone who came to support us that day. Even 3 years later it is still hard to think back on the situation. We couldn't have gone through this without our friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment